At Templars Primary School we believe all children are entitled to develop to their fullest potential - academically, socially, emotionally, physically, morally, spiritually and aesthetically, enabling each child to grow in confidence and able to make a valuable contribution to the wider community.
Our school motto is
Every child, every day, every chance.
This reflects our belief that the all the children of Templars Primary School deserve the very best and we believe that the staff, the children and families should all work together to give the children every opportunity to achieve their hopes and dreams.
Our key aims support or ethos:
- We aim to provide a broad, balanced, coherent and relevant curriculum. Staff have high expectations of pupils and the children will be encouraged to work to the fullest extent of their capabilities in all aspects of the curriculum.
- The school and its governors are strongly committed to ensuring the physical and mental health of all pupils. In support of this commitment the school will encourage pupils to maintain a healthy lifestyle, taking exercise and having a healthy diet. We support these aims by providing a rich variety of curricular and extra-curricular activities, which provide both breadth of experience and opportunities for personal/social development. An important emphasis will be placed upon the child’s personal development.
- Self-discipline, self-esteem and self-motivation are encouraged. Pupils’ should be prepared to play an active role both in the school and wider community by developing sensitivity to the needs and feelings of others regardless of differences.
- We aim to provide a warm and friendly atmosphere for all who work within it and for visitors. We will work to provide an environment in which children will feel both secure and happy, enabling them to develop effectively.
- We will value each child as an individual enabling them to develop. personal, spiritual and moral values, an understanding of different religions and beliefs, a tolerance for others and their ways of life. We aim to promote equal opportunities for all children.